Friday, March 02, 2007

Elizabeth Hurley's wedding tomorrow and no doubt she will look slim and fabulous, having said before Christmas that she and Arun were going to exercise and lose weight to look good for their wedding.

I've written about Hurley before and how I think her wedding, firstly at some old castle and then in India, is overkill. I imagine the Versace dress will be a form-fitting sheath type dress with a plunging neckline. I can't imagine her in a frothy frou frou or meringue type dress. I don't think we've seen a bride her age wearing white and the full works since...oh, Bet Lynch......

My own dieting endeavours were scuppered this week by a jar of nuts and an apple crumble. Neither of them very appealing, and in hindsight, not worth ruining this week's efforts.

I was attending a two-day meeting in London and assumed that the hotel mass-produced food wouldn't appeal. I was right, except that yesterday I made the mistake of not having breakfast, as the choices were bacon rolls (no, no!) or some unripe fruit (melon etc). Big mistake: by lunchtime I was as hungry as a horse and that's where the apple crumble came in. It wasn't even nice! Having gone off the rails I then decreed the rest of the day was what I call an "eating day," where I don't count calories and have something nice. Fortunately, the crumble was so filling I didn't stray for the rest of the day.

The nuts were equally heinous, those hard dry nuts you get in a hotel minibar. I was en route to a dinner and again, too hungry - so unfortunately those nuts were all that was so hand. I should be better prepared and have some of Gillian's seeds in my pocket. I didn't err too badly at the restaurant, Strada: I had buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes followed by a ravioli with tomatoes and spinach, and no pudding. But I won't weigh myself until next week!

No comments: