Friday, February 23, 2007

Sinning and Slimming

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, turning serious attention to losing some weight (a stone / 14 pounds). I was going to do it my usual way, counting calories with the online tracker, endeavouring to have five portions of fruit & veg a day and so on, but then I came across "Simandslim.com" which, for just over £16, gives you a personal diet plan with a controlled web site area.

Intrigued, I completed the online survey, which aims to give you some leeway in terms of 'sins' each day and week, plus one day a month where you eat all you like. This is a bit alien to me because when I'm dieting I don't try to build in "treats." I've always thought that's the wrong approach. You need to change your eating habits instead of expecting a daily chocolate bar. Anyway, the website insisted that I come up with some sins so I came up with weekly restaurant meal, an extra helping of pasta once a week, two large glasses of wine twice a week, and a dessertspoon of jam or mayonnaise daily (that one I won't do).

The diet plan itself is 28 pages long. Nowhere does it talk calories, fat units or anything else; it insists you have a lot of vitamin C as this is supposed to increase metabolism, and you have to eat quite often throughout the day. I will be interested to see how it works out when I enter my daily intake into the online calorie counter I use.

Tonight is my first challenge: we're going to eFour, the local Indian, where I normally have a chicken rogan. Sin and Slim tells me sternly I must only have tandoori meat with a portion of rice the size of half a fist, and some vegetables (not in a sauce).

I'll let you know how I get on.....

No comments: