Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Today was a significant date for a couple of reasons. Firstly, had I stuck to my post Christmas diet, started on 3 January, I would have reached target weight. Instead, I weighed this morning and was a pound heavier than my starting weight.
As Bridget Jones would say, "aargh."
I've got a normal BMI (under 25) and can still wear size 12 (US size 8) clothes, but there's no way right now I would wear a bikini on the beach. So, with Cyprus in June beckoning, I really have to knuckle down and get off my lardy arse (as John would say).
I have a terrific ally which is the website http://nutracheck.co.uk. It's an all-singing and dancing calorie counter and online diary, so no excuses for not knowing how many calories you've had.
The other significance of today is the start of Lent. I'm not strictly speaking religious, but it struck me as a good opportunity to give something up. So a large lump of cheese found itself hurtling into the wheelie bin just now, along with the Laughing Cow Lite ("no nutritional value" Gillian McKeith would say).
Stay tooned for how I get on. My new target date, as set by the website, is April 11.

No comments: